- 30+ Websites To Visit When You Are Laid Off
- Container Gardening Is Easy, Inexpensive and Tasty
- Laundry Detergent Secrets Using Less, But Still Cleans Clothes
- Easy Finance Declutter Tips
- Clothing Care Tips For Making Them Last Longer
- The ‘How To’ Authority for Donating Blood Plasma
- $aving Money & Staying Green Tips
- 27% Free Food by Eliminating Food Waste
- Eating Organic Food on a Budget
Let’s save some money on laundry this month! Here are my favorite tips for being frugal and spending less while getting your laundry clean. Let’s start with using less detergent.
You can cut back on the amount of laundry detergent you use but still get the clothes nice and clean. Here are some tips and techniques that improve your results when cutting down on your detergent.
Extra Dirty Clothes
Do you have someone in your house who has very dirty clothes? Try adding 1/2 cup of Ammonia (not bleach), to the wash! The clothes will come out extra clean! Generic Ammonia is cheap ($2.60 approximately/Gallon), at the grocery store!
Ink from Ball Point Pens
Did ink from a ball point pen get on your clothes? Try a sponge soaked with milk and rub on the ink. It may take a couple of tries, but will work. Do this ‘FIRST‘ before you wash ink stained clothes in hot water – which will set the color into the clothes.
Basic Ingredients in Spot Removers
Do you know what the basic ingredients are in commercial spot removers? It is 2 parts water to 1 part rubbing alcohol!! Save yourself a bundle here!